MultiScatter is a plug-in for 3ds max which works with V-Ray and Mental Ray rendering systems. It is possible to create complicated scenes with a huge amount of objects easily and quickly with the aid of this plug-in.
MultiScatter offers high performance object creation using an advanced array allowing millions of objects to be rendered in an optimized and efficient workflow.
Feature Packed and Ready to Rock:
- Quick rendertime generation of objects with optimized RAM management
- Random transformations (scale, rotation) of objects in array
- Distribution of objects based on bitmaps or procedural maps
- Scaling of objects based on bitmaps or procedural maps
- Realtime viewport preview of objects placement
- Different types of viewport preview of objects
- Special procedural map with MultiScatterTexture
- 64-bit support
Featuring Support For:
|| V-Ray 3.5 for 3ds Max and 3ds Max 2017
||V-Ray RT, Mental Ray, Octane and
Usually scenes in 3ds max with a great amount of even identical objects take
a lot of space on HDD, consumes a lot of time for loading, and it is very
hard to work with. MultiScatter is created to solve these problems. The
scene containing 500 000 identical objects created with 3ds max 2008
occupies 1400Mb of HDD space. Now, if it is created with MultiScatter and
still containing the same 500 000 objects the scene can take just 250Kb.
The most exciting feature of MultiScatter is a quick generation of an array
of objects right before rendering. Those very 500 000 objects are created in
only 2 seconds before rendering. Another outstanding MultiScatter ability is
uploading and downloading from VRayProxy memory if needed (as and when
necessary). This allows the application of polygon models without missing
productivity and capacity of RAM.
Animated objects support and animated VRayProxy support allows creating huge
amounts of animated objects. Now with MultiScatter it is possible to create
the whole forest of wind-shaken woods.
The support of 64-bit systems and multi core processing allows MultiScatter
to create and render, for example, forest or even a city in a blink of an
MultiScatter includes integrated procedure map/card - MultiScatterTexture.
This card helps to create uncountable amount of various tones to gain a more
realistic appearance of the scenes with huge number of similar objects.
There can be, for example, different tones of leaves in a forest or various
colours of cars at the parking area. MultiScatterTexture is able also to
define different tones for the mixing materials, cards, etc.
MultiScatterTexture may be applied both to the MultiScatter objects and to
any other objects at the scene.
Rendering by iCube Creative Group
Additional features include the following:
- MultiPainter can arrange objects on the surface using a virtual
paintbrush. This does not create additional geometries which
therefore simplifies the process of working with large arrays of
- Placement can be done both on one and multiple surfaces at the same
time. Multiple objects of different types can be scattered
- MultiPainter includes most current types of randomizations available
for MultiScatter objects.
- Once created MultiPainter objects can be modified in several ways,
including changing their location, scale, rotation, as well as creating
- Animated objects are also supported. In addition it is possible to
convert MultiScatter objects into MultiPainter with few restrictions.
- MultiPainter objects are fully compatible with V-Ray and Mental Ray
- Update is free to existing MultiScatter owners, please read the manual as the installation procedure has changed.
- In the unlikely event of your old license key not working, please
contact us for an update.
MultiScatter includes all VRayScatter features such as:
- Regular and random scattering of objects over any surface or along a
- Unique control system for regular scattering with UVW coordinates.
- Full control including randomization of all transformations and
scattering by masks or values.
- Control of scattering area by splines and full control of
transformations of objects along the border.
- Collision control inside the single MultiScatter object or between
- Scattering control relative to the camera.
- Animation of parameters as well as scattering of animated objects.
- Special textures for randomization and control of object color and
creation of complex masks.
- MultiScatter integrates these and many other features, and was
created from scratch, allowing us to bring working with arrays to a new
Rendering by Steven Atkinson
- Support for Mental Ray (including MProxy).
- Any geometry can be used for scattering (e.g VRayScatter can only
- Unlimited number of different objects within one MultiScatter.
- Probability texture allows clustering distribution of objects,
controlling size of a cluster and density of its borders.
- Multi-core processing support at all stages of workflow including
- Any object from the current scene can be chosen for scattering.
- Materials, properties, transformations and animations remain
interactively linked between objects within MultiScatter and all related
objects within the scene.
- Help Pictures will help new users to navigate through the interface;
this can be switched on/off.
- Revolutionized Viewport mode Points allows viewing of the objects'
geometry regardless of complexity and the quantity of objects in a
- Optionally MultiScatter can show wire color or diffused color of
- Collisions inside a MultiScatter can be seen in a viewport.
- A MultiScatter object can be converted into single geometry as well
as copied across instances. This allows using MultiScatter as a modeling
tool and other rendering engines can be used other than V-Ray and Mental
- MultiScatter utility allows the control of huge numbers of
- MultiPainter object. This tool gives full control for object
placement with a brush.
- And many other new features.
Rendering by Timothy Nelson
MultiScatter 1.3.x.x, 1.052 and later:
- 3ds Max versions: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 3ds Max Design : from 2010 and higher
- If you use V-Ray, versions: 1.5 (SP3- SP6), V-Ray 2 SP1, V-Ray 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 , 3, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5+
- 3ds Max versions: 2008 (no Mental Ray support), 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- 3ds Max Design : all
- If you use V-Ray, versions: 1.5 (RC5 -no animated proxy, SP1- SP6), V-Ray 2 SP1, V-Ray 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 all 32 and 64 bit
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- User must have local administrator rights with Windows XP to use MultiScatter.
- On Windows 7, administrator right needed only during installation