VRayPattern for Maya
VRayPattern allows Maya to multiply geometry periodically without extra memory consumption. As a sample you can use any tiled geometry (or those with unobtrusive joints). VRayPattern also allows to curve geometry on any surface. The plug-in works in similar way as displacement map. However, displacement map can only use raster or vector maps of pattern to cover the surface of geometry, VRayPattern can use any of the original geometry.
The plug-in best used where large amount of geometry required, but without great accuracy.
- Geometry based "2d-displacement" like texture.
- Low memory usage
- Superfast rendering
- Unlimited number of copied geometries
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux (all 32/64 bit)
- Windows: Maya 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Mac OS X: Maya 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 (for Mac users: please contact us before purchasing)
- Linux: Maya 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Windows / Linux / Mac OS X: 2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 2,4, 3 (beta)
- 64 bit NOTE: User must be able to obtain root permissions (for Linux or OS X, using sudo, for example) to install VRayPattern For Maya.